Winter is well and truly here. The temperature is down to the single digits, cars are frosting over and there has been a slight sprinkling of snow.
Now I don’t mind winter, but it really is not a time where your typical healthy salads and smoothies go down quite as well as they do in Spring or Summer. To battle these cold conditions we need some nice winter warming recipes to keep us going, as well as keep us on the health kick. So in that case, why not try this recipe out.
Our Carrot & Lentil soup is a great winter warmer, as well as being very filling due to the high fibre content. Having a filling meal is very useful when it comes to fat loss, as it means that you will be fuller for longer and less likely to have unnecessary snack in between. So give it a go and see what you think.
Carrot & Lentil Soup
- 200g Carrot
- 1 pinch – chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp – cumin
- 1 whole – vegetable stock cube
- 40 g – red lentils
- 1 tsp – olive oil
- 35 g – pitta bread / gluten free bread
- 30 g – 0% Fage Yogurt
- Heat the pan and dry fry cumin seeds and chilli flakes for 1 min. Add the oil, carrots, lentils and made up stock to the pan.
- Simmer for 15mins until lentils have swollen. Whizz the soup in a blender until smooth.
- Season to taste and finish with a dollop of Fage yogurt.
If you want to see more recipes like this, then please subscribe and you will be able to see more recipe posts like this one on a regular basis.