There are plenty of ways to keep fit whilst on holiday. You can turn anything and anywhere into a gym if you are willing to think outside the box.
If you don’t want to sacrifice too much time from your family holiday, a HIIT workout is a very efficient way to burn fat in a short amount of time. Try these ten minute workouts to boost your metabolism:
- Sprint as fast as you can for 20 seconds. Walk for 40 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
- Do 10 squat jumps. Rest for 40 seconds. Do 10 burpees. Rest for 40 seconds. Do 10 mountain climbers. Rest for 40 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
For something a little less intense, why not opt for a LISS workout? This is where you train at a relaxed pace for a prolonged period of time. Try these calorie burners to keep scorching fat on your holiday:
- Swim for 30 – 60 minutes in the sea, lake or pool.
- Walk at a brisk pace along the beach for 30 – 60 minutes.
- Play a game of tennis or golf.
- Go for a hike.
If you want to continue building muscle to achieve that toned look, bodyweight exercises will be your best friend this holiday because these can be done anywhere! Try doing three sets of each of the following exercises ten times, or until failure:
- Push ups (Put your hands on an elevated surface if you cannot do a full push-up just yet!)
- Leg raises
- Tricep dips (Bend your knees to make this easier)
Remember that a holiday is an opportunity to relax and to spend time with your family and friends. If you decide not to exercise on holiday, that’s okay too! Just make sure you jump straight back into your routine once you return home!